Baking Soda… It’s not just for cooking and baking!
First let’s go over the basic’s:
What is baking soda?
Baking soda is a white powdery crystalline that is a chemical compound. It has sodium ions and bicarbonate ions. The natural form is found in many mineral springs, and it’s called Nahcolite. It has a somewhat salty/ alkaline taste.
Now that we got that out-of-the-way, let’s move on to the AWESOMENESS that is Baking Soda!
What is baking soda used for besides cooking and baking?
10 Uses of baking soda for health benefits:
- Heartburn and indigestion aid
- Can give relief to burns
- Use as deodorant
- Use as toothpaste (mix with water)
- Used as buffering agent in nasal irrigation
- Relieve associated itching from poison ivy, oak, and sumac
- Reduce swelling and itching from bug bites
- Hair rinse
- Removes splinters
- Use as mouthwash (mix with water)
10 Uses of baking soda for household benefits:
- Pest control
- Gentle scrubber
- Carpet cleaner
- Paint & Corrosion Removal
- Gardening ph level
- Pool and Spa ph level
- Drain cleaner/ Unclogger
- Laundry Aid
- Keeps things fresh in the fridge and freezer
Talk to me?
Did you know you can use baking soda for all these other things?
What other things do you use baking soda for?
Did you like this post? Would you like more like it?
Don’t forget to like, share and comment!